Thursday, December 6, 2012

Where has the time gone?

cocokelly.com

Season's Greetings 

to YOU!! 

The holiday season is here - not only is it here, it'll be gone before you know it. This time of year brings out the best in so many people from lighter, more jovial personas, to compelling feelings to share one's abundance with those less fortunate.  Giving to charity, be it a monetary donation to the Red Cross (oh those poor victims of Hurricane Sandy.... still climbing through the rubble of that horrific storm.... I can't imagine what that would be like), a donation of food to your local FISH or Food bank program, Toys for Tots - this is always a favorite in my house, to spending quality time at your local mission serving meals and providing support to our brothers and sisters, who, usually by no fault of their own, find themselves homeless and jobless during "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" (as my favorite holiday song confides).


www.Redcross.org    www.Toysfortots.org     www.FishCharity.org
photo courtesy of tlc.com











Sometimes, it can be kind of hard to get that inspiration to reach out, especially when so many of us are finding our finances to not compare to what they once did, oh, not so long ago before our economic "dip".  Boy, could I put that any milder?  I know, personally, that I've had to consider very carefully how, and what I can contribute this year. Aside from money and gifts, something most of us do have, is time.  I know, it's easier said than done.  I know this from my own experience.  But, what I have learned in the past few years since making time my predominant method of charitable giving, not only do I help others have a better day at the very least, but, what it does for my own spirit is almost indescribable.
Try it, you'll see what I mean.
So, from here I go. Off to join the masses in the trenches at the mall with my dwindling list (thank goodness!).  But first, I'm going to sit here for a quiet moment and think about this list of mine, and what I believe is the best and most important gift that I can give..... Love, compassion, and kindness.


We are after all on this Big Blue Ball together......


Maybe we are all just Someone up there's SIMS game........ hmmmmm
courtesy of:  EAgames.com

Have an amazing day filled with LOVE and LAUGHTER.  See you soon.....

Warmest wishes to you,
Lulu


No comments: